Costumes

Many influences for my film come from 'me, earl, and the dying girl',  which is a film about a boy who befriends a girl that has been diagnosed with leukaemia. One of these influences is the use of costume in this film. These stills show how Rachel, the girl who has been diagnosed, is wearing very bright colours with bold patterns. I really like how these bright colours contrast with the background, which is more dull. The fact that she is wearing bright colours could suggest an ironic contrast with how she is feeling inside, which I find interesting and would like to explore in my film. Therefore, in my film I would like Grace to be wearing a brightly coloured green jumper, and a bright yellow skirt. In contrast, I want her Mum to be wearing her dressing gown, to suggest the normality of their family situation that she is trying to upkeep.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellington Kid

locations recce 1

Slap